Clarifing example for Packaging EGG

From: Jon Powell <jonp@qdt.com>
Date: Fri May 05 1995 - 14:54:27 PDT

Here is a counter-example that shows that SPICE-like connectivity descriptions are
probably not sufficient.

---+
   |- PIN 1
   |- PIN 2
   |- PIN 3
   |- PIN 4
   |- PIN 5
   |- PIN 6
   |- PIN 7
   |- PIN 8
   |- PIN 9
   |- PIN 10
   |- PIN 11
   |- PIN 12
   |- PIN 13
   |- PIN 14
   |- PIN 15
   |- PIN 16
   |- PIN 17
   |- PIN 18
   |- PIN 19
   |- PIN 20
   |- PIN 21
   |- PIN 22
   |- PIN 23
   |- PIN 24
   |- PIN 25
   |- PIN 26
   |- PIN 27
   |- PIN 28
---+

All adjacent pins couple significantly. All pins further that two away do not couple in any measureable manner.
A circuit that demands the simulation of all 28 pins (and therefor all 28 nets connecting to these pins) at the
same time is not acceptable. A mechanism that allows overlapping and redundant coupling descriptions is needed.
I do not believe that the SPICE SUBCKT concept will handle this situation.

I think this (by the way) will be the rule, rather than the exception.

jon