Re: Clarifing example for Packaging EGG

From: Chrisopher E. Reid <cer@cadence.com>
Date: Mon May 08 1995 - 10:05:05 PDT

Hello,

I agree with Eric and Kumar. Spice syntax is the way to go
for package models because it is flexibile and sufficient.
Any circuit at all can be represented in SPICE.

The only thing we need to add is a standard syntax for
transmission lines and matricies, both of which I can propose
if there is interest in this direction.

We must also define a standard such as Kumar proposes on terminal
naming plus a convention that makes it easy for automatic software
to recognize mutual parasitics that can be edited out of the circuit
based on some coupling criteria (which is up to the software).

It is very important that Ibis support a broad, flexibile standard,
not a narrow and restricted one. It is also important to recognize
where the analysis software should do the work rather than the
modeler (such as removing small couplings).

Chris Reid