RE: IBIS comments to the EDIF committee

From: Wiens, David <dawiens@ingr.com>
Date: Thu May 23 1996 - 09:58:34 PDT

Stephen,

You're correct about RLCs for discretes...I had active parts on the
brain for some
reason. I will propose a location for storage of these values, since
there isn't one
now. Is there anything else other than the following that would possibly
need to be
described for a 'physical' netlist :
- active model (IBIS link)
- passive model (RLC values in EDIF)
- physical topology (layers, traces/vias, part geometries, etc. in EDIF)

Note that we don't have to be all-inclusive here...but if we don't get
something into
the spec now we will end up adding generic name/value properties that we
can't
require anyone to recognize.

David Wiens