Re: Avoiding Double Counting

From: Kellee Crisafulli <kellee@hyperlynx.com>
Date: Thu Nov 21 1996 - 11:35:45 PST

At 05:30 PM 11/20/96 PST, you wrote:

>It seems that we go thru too much data crunching and Simulators
>simply connect the two tables anyway.
>
>Possible I am missing something very important here. Pls comment.

If as a model developer you can separate the diode characteristics from
the output characteristics than you should create two separate tables.
If you cannot separate them than only a single table is needed. The reason
there are two tables is so the simulators can treat the clamp diodes more
accurately and have data on the clamp diode.

So... it may be that your method of creating IBIS models does not allow you
to separate the clamp diode from the output buffer and that is ok. The
simulators can do a slightly better job modeling if clamp diode information
is separate and truly represents the clamp diode.

Have a great day...Kellee Crisafulli, HyperLynx Inc.