Re: Rising Waveform Loading Effects

From: C. Kumar <cpk@cadence.com>
Date: Thu Oct 31 1996 - 10:43:02 PST

I think I get the point Dileep is trying to make. It is true that with the V-t data there is no UNIQUE solution possible. This problem will baloon when we add multi stage models.

The real issue is IBIS is ONLY data. And the data is subject to different interpolation and extrapolation schemes. In other words this data by in itself cannot guarantee that different simulators will produce the same result. Neither can it say which one is correct. The only locus is the golden waveform. In this respect IBIS data is fundamentally different from a macro model , where you should expect the same results from different simulators. IBIS data is rather a precursor to a macro model, which we do not have any standard for.

- kumar