Bird38

From: FITZPATRICK John <John.Fitzpatrick@ln.cit.alcatel.fr>
Date: Thu Sep 05 1996 - 08:33:54 PDT

Hello all,

Since proposing bird 38, I have received little comment. As I was not
able to attend the last two meetings, this is probably my fault.

This bird is closely associated with egg12 i.e. it is a
specification addition.

Bird38 is basically a way to specify under- and overshoot limits.

A simplification of this bird would be to just give two numbers,
max_undershoot and max_overshoot. This is what a lot of simulators
do, and there is a place to stick these numbers into a RAIL file.

But in this case, over what time span is the over/undershoot allowed
to be present. I have read through the RAIL doc, but cannot find an
answer to this question.

What do people out there understand by over/undershoot limits, as
used in present simulators?

All feedback appreciated.

Cheers,
John

--
John Fitzpatrick   <John.Fitzpatrick@ln.cit.alcatel.fr>
Alcatel CIT, 4 rue de Broglie, 22304 Lannion, France