IBIS to SPICE

From: Brian C. Wadell <bcwadell@guidedwave.com>
Date: Tue Jan 14 1997 - 05:03:15 PST

I have been writing a script to convert IBIS files into SPICE files. So far it looks doable. I've converted the clamp and the package and Ccomp.

I'm not quite certain what the meaning of the pullup and pulldown should be with respect to the edge rate specified in the IBIS file. My thought was to create a PWL edge out of the edge rates and drive a voltage-controlled resistance having the pulldown characteristics with that voltage. However, the voltage in the IBIS pulldown table seems to be the voltage across the pulldown resistance/conductance?

I've read the cookbook and it doesn't answer my question.

Has anyone got any experience or advice on this or can you refer me to an IBIS document? I'm pretty sure my question is just a matter of understanding the definitions better.

Regards,

Brian C. Wadell
Guided Wave Solutions