IBIS connector specification vote

From: Kellee Crisafulli <kellee@nwlink.com>
Date: Tue Nov 16 1999 - 21:41:25 PST

Hi all,

  I would like to move that an item of business be added to the
next meeting agenda to discuss voting on the IBIS connector
specification.

1) It was introduced in Jan 1999 at the Design Con IBIS
    meeting.
2) All open items that came up at that meeting have been addressed
    by the connector sub-group. The specification was modified
    to either address them, post-pone them till another released or
    close them.
3) It is badly needed by the industry.
4) It has been examined by several major connector vendors,
    simulation vendors, and industry experts in the area of
    electromagnetic's and it is considered acceptable.
5) It follows the grammar and syntax of the existing IBIS specification
6) It uses syntax that is backward compatible with the IBIS .pkg
specification.

As far as I know all the goals we set to accomplish have been
achieved.

Check out the information at the IBIS web site...
   http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/connector/

I don't expect a vote at the next meeting; I would however
like it to be scheduled for a vote.

best wishes.
Kellee