Re: [IBIS] BIRD 75 comments

Subject: Re: [IBIS] BIRD 75 comments
From: Ross, Bob (bob_ross@mentorg.com)
Date: Thu Sep 19 2002 - 12:38:26 PDT

Arpad:

Thank you for your comments and off-line discussion.

I agree that the definition is mis-leading and will plan
to add text to clarify that BIRD75.4 will support a
very powerful capability. [External Circuit]s can
be defined in a manner to support any type of circuit,
passive or active. For example, operational amplifier
models could be defined and attached directly to pins.
[External Circuit]s can be connected to other [External
Circuit]s as well. [Model]s (whether exising IBIS
or with [External Model]) are NOT required.

However, the [Model]/[External Model] capability
extends the existing IBIS simulation controls, information,
and reports to other languages in a standardized manner.

I/O buffers could be configured within [External Circuit]s,
but the user has to then configure through direct connections
and interfaces/scripts or whatever the control and reporting
of such buffers.

Bob Ross
Mentor Graphics