RE: [IBIS] About Some IBIS Specifications

From: Mirmak, Michael <michael.mirmak_at_.....>
Date: Mon Jul 02 2007 - 08:06:11 PDT
Yasser,

While the model behavior should not be affected by the parameters you
list below, I would not conclude that "no action is assumed to be taken
from the simulation tool" towards these parameters.

Some simulation tools use many of parameters to adjust results from a
system simulation, to produce a spreadsheet or other summary of system
timing margins.  The first bullet you show, in particular, lists items
commonly used for this purpose.

So, while tools may not change how they simulate the IBIS *buffer*
tables due to these parameters, changing these parameters may produce
different *system* analysis results.

- Michael Mirmak
  Intel Corp.
  Chair, EIA IBIS Open Forum