RE: Abt IBIS models........

Subject: RE: Abt IBIS models........
From: Peters, Stephen (stephen.peters@intel.com)
Date: Wed Oct 03 2001 - 08:48:38 PDT

Hi Suresh:

  My answers are below.

  Regards,
  Stephen Peters
  Intel Corp.

-----Original Message-----
From: suresh np [mailto:suresh_np1@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2001 10:12 PM
To: ibis-users@eda.org
Subject: Abt IBIS models........

Hi all
Pls find the below questions (or my doubts).
1) For which all devices, IBIS models are valid? Is
the IBIS model for a Analog to Digital converter
valid? Is it applicable only for high speed IC's?

The data in an IBIS model is intended for modeling digital
output buffers (and digital input receivers). You can
certainly build an IBIS model of an Analog to Digital
converter, but the model would only represent the
digital output portion of the device.

2)Suppose i have a SPICE model for an IC. How I can
collect the datas for V/I and V/T curve? (i want to
know the circuit to collect data [pull up] [pull
down]....) .(in *.dsn or *.opj format. I have orcad
in my system).(atleast a jpg file)

The IBIS cookbook explains how to extract V/I and V/T curves
from a spice model. The cookbook is available from the
IBIS website in the tools area:

http://www.eigroup.org/ibis/tools.htm

The s2ibis (spice to ibis) program is also available.

3) Can i simulate or test the IBIS model using
Spectra Quest?

  Yes. Contact your EDA vendor for more details.

Pls help out in these regards.
Thanks
Best Regards
--Suresh