RE: removing non-monotonic points?!

Subject: RE: removing non-monotonic points?!
From: Muranyi, Arpad (arpad.muranyi@intel.com)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 08:06:30 PST

Prabhu,

You are correct, the recommendation in that presentation will result
in double counting the clamps. What the author of that paper really
should have recommended is to check the monotonocity after summing
the pullup with the power clamp and the pulldown with the GND clamp
IV curves. Unfortunately the IBIS checker doesn't do this, and in
my opinion it should be corrected. It has mislead way too many
people already.

When I brought this up in the meeting Scott's response was that your
signals will never go into that range at the driver anyway, so it
really doesn't matter. Even though this maybe true in most cases,
the correct way for monotonocity check is after the summation.

Arpad Muranyi
Intel Corporation