RE: [Q] Is there any EDA simulator accepting Connector IBIS?

Subject: RE: [Q] Is there any EDA simulator accepting Connector IBIS?
From: Roy_Leventhal@3com.com
Date: Thu Feb 21 2002 - 09:31:46 PST

All,

It was not my intention to "touch a nerve." I am aware that the connector
spec has been a hard issue to work on and like all true innovations it runs
the risk of opposition, lack of time and resources in tough times, and may
not be an ideal answer to the problem it is intended to solve.

The barriers that I hear (through my personal filter) mentioned thus far
are:

Frustration with the difficulties
Lack of continuity of involvement of some key people
Time and resources in tough economic times
A wish to avoid future pain by including IC package issue now
Some technical weaknesses - that I would like to understand better
Lack of interest on the part of EDA vendors - that will change when the
economy improves and the market need is there

But, my focus is on moving forward. The barriers mentioned thus far can all
be dealt with and we can move forward. I would not have asked my question
without first seeing a (slowly) growing need for the spec in the
simulations I'm required to perform.

So, without pointing fingers at any of the well intentioned, talented and
generous folks who have contributed to this effort, let's keep our focus on
moving forward and deal as best we can with the barriers.

Best Regards,

Roy

"Peters, Stephen" <stephen.peters@intel.com> on 02/21/2002 10:48:29 AM

Sent by: "Peters, Stephen" <stephen.peters@intel.com>