RE: [IBIS-Users] way to extract rising and falling waveform in differential cells

From: Tom Dagostino <tom@teraspeed.com>
Date: Tue Dec 14 2004 - 11:05:36 PST

Akhilesh

A ramp based model simulation will start its transition immediately, there
is no time delay built into the model. A SPICE simulation will include the
delay of the buffer and other effects you are seeing in the SPICE output.
If you want the two to match you need to include the full waveform models in
the IBIS model. These waveforms need to be extracted preserving the time
delay of the buffer. Using the SPICE to IBIS tools available on the IBIS
web page should give you the results you want.

If you need assistance in using this we can help.

Tom Dagostino
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC
503-430-1065
tom@teraspeed.com