[IBIS-Users] RES: IBIS MODELs Request

From: Raul Moreira <raul_at_.....>
Date: Mon Oct 31 2005 - 10:52:10 PST

  _____

De: Raul Moreira [mailto:raul@lesc.ufc.br]
Enviada em: segunda-feira, 31 de outubro de 2005 11:32
Para: 'ibis-users@eda.org'
Assunto: IBIS MODELs Request

Hello,

            Let me introduce myself, I work for LESC (Computer System
Engineering Laboratory) at UFC (Federal University of Ceará) in Brazil.

We are designing our first high-speed system (PCB) with Cadence Allegro SPB
15.5. Therefore, it’s the first time that we are considering a signal
integrity study.

            As we know, generally the IBIS Models quality is poor. We trust
on the referred Cadence Tool (in according to some published success cases),
but we would like to validate (check) the quality of the IBIS Models that we
need to use to verify our signal integrity requirements.

            We proceed with the importation of some Ibis files (supplied by
the vendor IC) of some Parts (ICs and Connectors) that we will use in our
design. As result we obtained some Allegro log files, reporting
compatibility errors and warnings.

Our project schedule is short. So, we don´t have time to study IBIS very
well. Could you help us indicating someone to execute a service to repair
the Ibis of the Parts that we have the IBIS (received from the manufacturer)
and another to create the IBIS Files (or Allegro .DML Files) on the cases
that we don’t have the IBIS (some manufacturers informed us that they don’t
have, for example, the Hyperstone F2-16X-FU5).

Trusting in your help,

            Raul Moreira