[IBIS-Users] Spec Clarification

From: Tim Kelpin <kelpin_at_.....>
Date: Mon Nov 13 2006 - 12:39:32 PST

Dear Madam or Sir:

I have been tasked to collect empirical data on one of our parts.

I/O Power_clamp, pull_up and Pull_down data collection

According to the spec:

 It is permissible to use typical components and derated by voltage and temp
and optionally apply the X% factor. Data can be derived form typical
component measured over temp/voltage.

What is meant by a typical part?

1. I have acquired 5 random parts from our inventory.

I only need to test one part correct?

2. I will then run the Power_clamp, pull_up and Pull_down tests per the spec
at Vin min Vin typ and Vin max room temp.

3. Repeat at min temp

4. Repeat at Hi temp.

Am I interrupting this correctly?

Keep in mind that I have never done modeling or simulations before. This is
all new to me.

Best Regards,

Tim Kelpin

Product Engineer