[IBIS-Users] Conditions for clamp and pullup/down tables

From: Rene Voshol <rene.voshol_at_.....>
Date: Fri Aug 08 2008 - 05:24:50 PDT
Hi,

I have a question about the conditions used to extract the data for the
clamp and the pullup/down curves. I understand that the temperature range
given in the model should correspond to the min. and max. conditions of
the device. Meaning that for the pullup/down curve of a CMOS device  you
will have maximum performance with low temperature, and vice versa. But
the clamp of this same the device will most likely be a diode, of some
sorts, which will have the reverse temperature behavior. Since both curves
are substracted, you need to apply the same conditions when extracting the
curves. In which case I use the pullup/down curve as reference.

My questions are:

Is this correct thinking? (Or am I perhaps overthinking things here?)
What about an input model? This has only clamp curves. Is it OK to use a
different temperature ranges for input and output of the same device?
Or a switch where the clamps and the series current are in separate
models?

Clarifications on this matter will be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

René Voshol