RE: [IBIS-Users] Analog signal pin

From: Tom Dagostino <tom_at_.....>
Date: Mon Jul 13 2009 - 21:00:57 PDT
There are a few ways of handling non digital pins in IBIS models.  First is
to just assign NC to them.  Second is to attach a Terminator model to them.
These can include power and ground clamps or even input/output impedance.
This allows the SI simulator to at least include the analog net in crosstalk
simulations.  Third is to provide an IBIS model for selected pin types.  For
example the output of a DAC can be modeled as a digital output if you assume
full swing 0000 to FFFF transitions in the DAC output.  This allows the SI
simulator to do some work on the analog pins.  Opamps and also be modeled
with way with full scale output swings.  Forth is to provide a SPICE model.
The selection is left to the model maker.

Tom Dagostino
Teraspeed(R) Labs
13610 SW Harness Lane
Beaverton, OR 97008