Re: [IBIS-Users] Analog signal pin

From: Bob Ross <bob_at_.....>
Date: Mon Jul 13 2009 - 21:07:25 PDT
Raghavendra:

In standard IBIS models (without the language extensions), I prefer
to stub off analog pins with terminator models (Model_type Terminator).
The terminators can just be a capacitor (C_comp) or some other load
to approximate the actual impedance, if known.

Analog functions are not defined in IBIS models.  So stubbing off
the analog pins just passively completes the net for any trace
attached to the analog pin.

When you use terminators for analog functions, it is helpful to
document this in the [Notes] section.

Some people might use NC for analog pins, but I prefer to reserve
NC for true no-connects where the pin is defined, but there is
no connection to the die.

Bob

--
Bob Ross
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC     Teraspeed Labs

Teraspeed is a registered service mark of Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC