[IBIS-Users] ibischk5 Issue for ISSO_PU/ISSO_PD keywords

From: Nikonchuk Sergey-R6294C <R6294C@freescale.com>
Date: Wed Apr 21 2010 - 06:02:58 PDT

Dear Community,
During evaluation of new IBIS5.0 keywords we faced strange behavior of
ibischk5 version 5.0.3 for the ISSO_PU/ISSO_PD keywords.

There is two type of issues:
1. Looks like "Typ" conditions does NOT checked at all.
At the first time we had a bit wrong implementation of ISSO_PU curves
capturing.
We had Warning messages for Min and Max keywords, but NOT Typ which one
was wrong really as well.
Could you double check a code, please?

2. Additional question about "threshold" or "accuracy" level when
IBISCHK compare currents..
Example is below:

WARNING - Model model_example: Minimum ISSO_PU current (-0.015A) at 0V
does not match Pullup current (-0.015A) at reference ( 0.000V)
WARNING - Model model_example: Minimum ISSO_PD current ( 0.017A) at 0V
does not match Pulldown current ( 0.017A) at reference ( 1.620V)
WARNING - Model model_example: Maximum ISSO_PU current (-0.017A) at 0V
does not match Pullup current (-0.017A) at reference ( 0.000V)
WARNING - Model model_example: Maximum ISSO_PD current ( 0.025A) at 0V
does not match Pulldown current ( 0.025A) at reference ( 1.980V)

As You can see - from report point of view values looks exactly same.
It's looks like "interpolation" issue - we have no exact voltage
reference points in our I-V data.
The neighbor points are quite close to the expected values..

So, Is it possible to either print actual current values with all
significant numbers,
Or - use some "threshold" (like as 1e-9A or so) to filter out
micro-differences ...

Do you have any comments about? Is it looks like real problem?
If so - what is formal procedure to open a Bug report for the IBISCHK ?

Regards,
Sergey Nikonchuk
Characterization and View Generation
TSO / DT / DC / IO Libraries
Freescale Semiconductor, Inc.
www.freescale.com <http://www.freescale.com/>

Contacts:
Phone +7 (495) 589 1839
Mobile +7 (916) 993 3467
Fax +7 (495) 787 0151
Sergey.Nikonchuk@freescale.com

This e-mail and any attachments have been classified as:
[x] Public
[ ] Internal Use Only
[ ] Confidential Proprietary