Re: [IBIS-Users] IV clamp range

From: Lynne D. Green <lgreen22@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri Jun 10 2011 - 00:48:57 PDT

Hello, Vinayak,

You do not say which table exhibits a Crossing, or
at what voltage.
- A clamp table can have a crossing for V<0 when
the "clamping" is bipolar, while the drive is
CMOS. Physically, bipolar and CMOS exhibit
opposite dI/dTemp at fixed V. In this case, the
total current may also have a crossing.
- A clamp table can exhibit a crossing due to
numerical resolution when separating the clamp and
drive currents into their respective tables. The
total (summed) current usually does not show this
type of crossing.
- It is rare to see I-V crossings in the range 0
to Vcc.

It is strongly recommended for all I-V tables to
use the same voltage range (-Vcc to 2Vcc). In
your example, that would be -1.8V to +3.6V.

As a model maker, you could submit a model to the
IBIS Model Review Committee.
http://www.eda.org/ibis/home/support/support.htm

Cheers,
Lynne