RE: Simulation resolution weirdness

From: Beal, Weston <weston_beal@mentorg.com>
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 09:11:47 PDT

Mark,

this often happens when the I-V curves don't have enough data points. If
the slope of the lines connecting the points changes too much, it is hard
for the simulator to follow. It is a kind of numerical noise similar to
what happens in SPICE. If you really need a fine time resolution, you might
ask the vendor for a model with finer detail, or you might add a few points
into the tables to smooth out the corners.

Regards,
Weston