Simulation resolution weirdness

From: <mark.browne@nokia.com>
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 02:25:55 PDT

Hi all,

I am fairly new to using IBIS, so I am hoping that the symptoms that I am
getting will strike a chord with someone out there.

I have run the same simulation several times, changing only the time
resolution each time. When the resolution is set to 20ps, the results look
fine. However, at 15ps the resultant waveform is just an increasing
oscillation, and at 10ps it look like a range of mountains.

Obviously I am misusing the method somehow - all I need is for someone to
tell me how.

Any ideas?

Mark Browne
Senior Engineer