RE: Mutual coupling in package IBIS model

From: John Lipsius <jlipsius@terawave.com>
Date: Thu Jul 26 2001 - 11:26:55 PDT

All,

I just finished the Interconnect Modeling course with
Gigatest Labs in Sunnyvale, CA. and, from that, I can't
think of a situation where such an effort would be
useful except where it's known the pkg resonances and
coupling effects are above the application BW. As you say,
only the single-line characteristics are modeled.
Also see the si-list (don't have the URL; search it at
google.com).

The pkg resonances can be especially pernicious; only
known through 3D field solving.

(The Gigatest http://www.gigatest.com/ courses are 1st
rate. Eric Bogatin has merged with them.)

John Lipsius
Sr. Hardware Engineer
Terawave Communications
510-401-6690