Re: IBIS BIRD59.1 - Model Spec Diagrams

From: Stephen Peters <sjpeters@ichips.intel.com>
Date: Mon Aug 09 1999 - 14:12:17 PDT

Hello All:

   After reading BIRD 59.1 I have a concern regarding the S_overshoot
definition.
The spec, as amended, states the following:

> | The static overshoot subparameters provide the voltage values
> | for which the model is no longer guaranteed to function
> |* correctly. Typically these are voltages which would cause
> |* the physical component to be destroyed.

However, the text (and diagrams) go on to show D_overshoot as a voltage
*greater* than
S_overshoot. My interpretation (after much head scratching) is that
S_overshoot is
the DC limit. In other words, I assume that exposure to a voltage greater
than S_overshoot
but below D_overshoot for more than D_overshoot_time causes device failure.
If so,
this needs to be stated, as it is not obvious from the text.

     Regards,
     Stephen Peters
     Intel Corp.