[IBIS] RE: BIRD127.4: IBIS-AMI Typographical Corrections CORRECTED

From: Muranyi, Arpad <Arpad_Muranyi@mentor.com>
Date: Mon Nov 14 2011 - 07:39:30 PST

Mahbubul,

You are correct, the model specific parameters are optional.
There may be a little confusion about this because in one
sentence the IBIS v5.0 specification says (pg. 143):

                             The file must have 2 distinct
| sections, or sub-trees, 'Reserved_Parameters' section and
| 'Model_Specific' section with sections beginning and ending
| with parentheses.

but on the same page, the next paragraph says the following:

| The 'Reserved_Parameter' section is required while the
| 'Model_Specific' section is optional.

Page 144 reiterates the optionality:

| (Model_Specific | Required heading to start the
| | optional Model_Specific section

so the intent is clear, but the first statement can be
confusing. This is one of the many things that what we
clarified in BIRD 127 for the next version of the spec.

Some EDA vendors may have taken the position based on the
first sentence on pg. 143, but I believe that is incorrect.

Thanks,

Arpad