RE: [IBIS-Users] Rising/Falling Waveform generation

Subject: RE: [IBIS-Users] Rising/Falling Waveform generation
From: Lynne Green (lgreen@cadence.com)
Date: Mon Jul 01 2002 - 15:13:04 PDT

Hello, John,

When driving a 50-Ohm load, the swing is not 0-Vcc. (One only gets
full swing when driving a capacitive load.) If you draw a load line for
your driver FET and 50-ohm load, the two intersection points should
match the endpoints in your SPICE simulation. (One load line for
rising and one for falling, since the two FETs probably do not have
perfectly matched I-V curves.)

The value for Rfixture should be near the typical transmission line
load. The designed transmission line impedance (load) varies with
logic family, but values are typically between 50 and 150 Ohms.

Best regards,
Lynne

Dr. Lynne Green
Senior Member of Consulting Staff
Cadence Design Systems, Inc.

"All the world's an analog stage, whereon digital plays bit parts."