RE: [IBIS-Users] Differences between '*_fixture' & '*_ref' parame ters

Subject: RE: [IBIS-Users] Differences between '*_fixture' & '*_ref' parame ters
From: Peters, Stephen (stephen.peters@intel.com)
Date: Thu Mar 27 2003 - 08:24:45 PST

Hello Lior:

  The _fixture subparameters are intended to document the fixture parasitic
in the case where the [Rising Waveform]/[Falling Waveform] data comes an
actual bench measurement. In general, the rising and falling waveform data
should be taken from simulations into a pure resistive load and the _fixture
subparameters are not used.

  On the other hand, the _ref subparameters document the 'standard test
load' -- the loading conditions under which the devices propagation or
clock-to-output delay is measured. This information is required if one want
to understand how to derate a devices propagation delay due to various
output loading conditions.

Hope this helps.

 Regards,
 Stephen Peters