[IBIS-Users] Warnings in V-t curves

From: Sudarshan Honnudike <sudarshan.honnudike_at_.....>
Date: Tue Nov 07 2006 - 21:24:33 PST
Hi Experts,

I am getting the following warnings while running ibischk3 on the buffer
models.

WARNING - Model 'bsppon3mchpt3v3_p': TYP VI curves cannot drive through
Vmeas=0.6V
          given load Rref=1e+09 Ohms to Vref=0V
WARNING - Model 'bsppon3mchpt3v3_p': MIN VI curves cannot drive through
Vmeas=0.6V
          given load Rref=1e+09 Ohms to Vref=0V
WARNING - Model 'bsppon3mchpt3v3_p': MAX VI curves cannot drive through
Vmeas=0.6V
          given load Rref=1e+09 Ohms to Vref=0V

Our buffer models will be operating at 2 voltages coreside voltage and pad
side voltage.
In this case, coreside voltage(VDD) is 1.2 v and pad side voltage(VDDE) is
2.5v. So in V-t waveforms

1. Rising waveform with R_fix connected to VDDE(2.5v): waveforms are
varying from 1.249v to 2.5v
2. Falling waveform with R_fix connected to VDDE(2.5v):waveforms are
varying from 2.5v to  1.254v

I have a confusion regarding the selection of Vmeas. Should it be half of
corevoltage(1.2/2) or half of pad voltage (2.5/2)?
Please let me know how this parameter is used in the application (may be
in SI or somewhere else).

I even changed Vmeas to 1.25 V. Still I am getting warnings like

WARNING - Model 'bsppon3mchpt3v3_p': TYP VI curves cannot drive through
Vmeas=1.25V
          given load Rref=1e+009 Ohms to Vref=0V
WARNING - Model 'bsppon3mchpt3v3_p': MIN VI curves cannot drive through
Vmeas=1.25V
          given load Rref=1e+009 Ohms to Vref=0V
WARNING - Model 'bsppon3mchpt3v3_p': MAX VI curves cannot drive through
Vmeas=1.25V
          given load Rref=1e+009 Ohms to Vref=0V

Please let me know your answers.

Best Regards,

Sudarshan HN
NXP Semiconductors/CTO /PLT
# 1 Murphy Road, Ulsoor, Bangalore - 560 008 , India.
Ph:+91-80-40247073
Fax: +91-80-4024 7855
seri:sudarsha@inpsblr
E-mail: sudarshan.honnudike@nxp.com